The Write Stuffs
With the weather sucking like whoa, I decided to work a item on my Forty Before 40 list.
• Write a story collection, consisting of nine stories in one weekend (Tentative Completion This Weekend)
I took a couple of random pages of a story that never “went anywhere”, cut nine three inch strips and placed them in a bag. I’m sure you can figure out the rest. Anyway, each strip is a prompt for a story.
Here are the items I gather when I sit down to write:
1. Hello Kitty Tin – Houses my current pen stash and grid index cards.
2. “Peaches” Tag-belt – Ahhh, my magic belt. I don’t even wear it. I just like having it where I see it and be dazzled by its bling-y-ness. Yes, that’s my nickname.
3. Lush “Helping Hands” – I am a chronic lotion user. It’s just a habit.
4. Current story idea book – I think this one has in depth research about Sharky’s Machine era ATL.
5. Glasses – Self explanatory.
6. Cheesy 80s records – Huey Lewis & The News currently spinning. “Do You Believe in Love?” to be exact.