October’s Daily Arsenal
I carry around a lot of pens. Here are the ones currently in heavy rotation.
- Kmart No Name Pen/Highligher – I hacked this one, using some mini-gel pen refills. It’s one of my lost leader pens. I have a lots of these and they’re hackable, so I don’t feel too traumatized if a pen thief makes off with this one. Mostly used to sign register slips and whatnot.
- Post-It Flag Gel Pen 0.7mm – I didn’t realize the 0.7mm blue gel pens were that rare. Babby scored this one for me during one of our runs to Office Depot. He is to jump drives as I am to pens. When we go to Office Depot we both valiantly pretend to be interested in the other’s office supply fetish. That said, I don’t know what’s up with our mutual lust for faux leather executive chairs. Please ignore the price tag/sku sticker. I tend to be Minnie Pearl about those things.
- Wal*Mart @ The Office Gel Pen – Teal ink – I feel very weird when I don’t have this pen with me. I don’t even use it that much. Still I have to have this particular pen with me at all times. It probably fits into my whole obsession with the color teal.
- Post-It Flag Pen Classic – Ballpoint ink – I keep this around because I love the barrel and reminds me that some day I’ll score another one in black (my preferred barrel color). I ordered this sample from a pen wholesaler, hoping they would send me the black, which they didn’t.
- Foray® Focus Fine Writing Rollerball Pen – Ahh, my Monday-go-to-meeting pen! Scoring this pen for two bucks was the highlight of pen hunting last winter. I have finally gotten used to the weighty, metal barrel, and use fancy pen ink cartridge refills. Or sometimes whatever’s lying around.
- A & W Nite Companion Pen – This is my workhorse pen. Thankfully, it’s wildly hackable/refillable. I have already gone through two Staedtler 1.6mm Maxum ink refills. I have to trim them down to fit, but have finally figured out a way not to get ink everywhere. Joy joy!